ISACA Membership provides a wealth of benefits to its members, including: discounts to educational training, certifications, and bookstore publications; access to the ISACA's award-winning magazine, the ISACA Journal; and access to the Knowledge Center, where IT professionals discuss and share common professional interests.
Expand your professional development opportunities and influence your profession, Join ISACA Today!
Benefits of GWDC Membership
When you join GWDC, you also are required to join a local Chapter. The Greater Washington, D.C. Chapter serves the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Our membership territory covers a 50-mile radius from the center of Washington, D.C (click here to view our territory map). If you have any membership questions, please contact the Membership Director.
The GWDC provides a variety of services to benefit its members, including but not limited to the following:
- Discounts to Chapter Training: GWDC Members have the lowest registration fees for chapter events. If you attend just a few events, you can offset most or all of your ISACA membership fee. Training events include one-day conferences, multi-day seminars, and ISACA exam review courses.
- Volunteering Opportunities: As a Chapter Member, you have the opportunity to serve your profession and fellow Members as a Volunteer, Director, or Chapter Officer. Volunteering provides members with networking opportunities, opportunities to do something you're interested in, and ability to earn up to 20 hours of free CPE.
- Networking Opportunities: The chapter periodically hosts networking socials to give Members opportunities to meet and network with other Members and grow your professional network. Many years we host a Golf Tournament and arrange a Day with the Nats. View the chapter events page for upcoming social events.
- Discounts to 3rd Party Training: Training providers periodically offer discounts to GWDC members. In addition, the GWDC Board of Directors periodically will negotiate discounts for GWDC members. Instructions and discount codes for training offers are posted on the Chapter At-a-Glance section of MyISACA.
- Chapter E-Mail List: The Chapter notifies GWDC members of chapter news and events via e-mail several times a month. GWDC members are automatically enrolled in the chapter e-mail list based on the information provided to International. The Chapter also updates the mailing list several times a month to keep information current.
Selecting the GWDC During New Member Signup
When signing up to be a new ISACA Member, you'll have a drop-down menu to select your local chapter. The GWDC is listed as "USA-DC-Washington: Greater Washington, D.C. Chapter (005)".
Changing Chapter Membership
If you are moving into the area or otherwise would like to change your chapter membership, you can do so as follows:
- Login to www.isaca.org and click on the MyISACA tab.
- Click MyProfile.
- Click Account and Demographic Info tab to display your current demographic information.
- Click the Edit button to make changes.
- Click the "My Demographic and Other Information” tab to display your current chapter.
- Select the “USA-DC-Washington: Greater Washington, D.C. Chapter (005)” chapter from the drop-down box.
- Click “Save” to save your changes.
Please note, Changing chapter membership may incur additional membership fees if the chapter you're transferring has higher membership fees than you're a current chapter. Any additional charges will be invoiced by ISACA International.