The GWDC offers several types of fee-based training events, including Conferences, Special Seminars, and Exam Review Courses. The payment, cancellation, and complaint policies for these events are generally the same, though there are some differences due to the price and type of the event.
- Payment is required for all fee-based events at the time of registration. Registrants will not be permitted to attend an event with a balance due.
- All advance event registrations for the chapter will be made through our online registration and payment service provider, Cvent. For advance registrations, we will accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards.
- Each event page lists the cutoff date for registrations. If seats are available on the day of the event, we will announce this on the event’s website.
- For walk-up registrations, payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit cards.
- Cash, checks, and purchase orders are not accepted for any event.
- Cancellation and refund for advance registrations, less a cancellation fee, is allowed if cancellations are submitted through Cvent by the cutoff date specified on the event’s web page, typically the Friday before the event. Cancellation fees will be based on the price of the event, but typically between $10 and $15.
- Advance registrants who do not attend the course or do not cancel by the event cutoff date are not eligible for a refund.
- Registrant substitutions are available if the name and contact info for the substitute is communicated by the registrant to the Registration POC by the event registration cutoff date for that event. The Registration POC for each event is listed on the event’s page on our website.
- The GWDC welcomes your comments, complaints, suggestions, questions, and other feedback concerning our website information and services.
- All complaints should be directed to the Chapter Board of Directors via our Contact page.
Americans with Disabilities Act
- If you have special needs, such as vision, hearing, or physical assistance, please contact the event planner or reservations director for the event you are interested in attending. Each event has its own page on the chapter website and includes a section for contacting the event planner with your needs request.
- Please provide as much advance notice as possible so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Review Course Re-Take Discount
Beginning with the review courses for the June 2015 exams, students who take an GWDC review class and do not pass the corresponding ISACA Certification Exam are eligible for a one-time 50% discount on the next review class offered by the GWDC for the exam. For example, if you take the CISA review class with GWDC in May, and you did not pass the CISA exam in June, you will get 50% off the cost for the next CISA review class offered in September by the GWDC. This also applies to the CISM and CRISC review classes.
- The discount does not apply to the Certification exams, as these are administered by ISACA.
- The discount is not applicable to a different review course. For example, in the above example, students would receive a discount only for the September CISA Review Course. No discounts would be offered for other review courses offered at the same time.
- The discount is not transferrable. It may only be redeemed by the student taking the course.
- To redeem the discount, students must contact the Certifications Director within 30 days of being notified of Certification exam scores by ISACA. You will be issued a discount code to use during the registration process.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the Certifications Director.