Website Software Engineering Institute - Carnegie Mellon University
Federally funded R&D Center - the leader in cybersecurity
The individual in this position will work as a technical manager of the Cyber Assurance (CA) Team within CERT’s Risk & Resilience Directorate. This candidate will be responsible for the creation, development, funding, and management of a sustained research and technical agenda for Risk & Resilience CA Team consistent with and directly supporting the US Department of Defense’s strategic challenges and emerging threats. The technical manager is responsible for developing and communicating a technical vision, developing tasking and budget data for project work statements, developing and managing project plans, managing initiative finances and accounting, generating new work and customers, working with business development staff, executing work with high degree of customer satisfaction, and supervising staff.
The successful candidate must have proven experience conducting and leading technical efforts in support of the US Federal Government and Department of Defense; managing technical teams; be self-directed, have a track record of creating interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving, and demonstrate exceptionally strong presentation and writing skills. The candidate must also be able to interact with clients and staff of all levels in a highly professional and competent manner.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or a related technical field with ten (10) years of experience or equivalent
- MS in computer science or technical/engineering field with eight (8) years of experience
- PhD in computer science or technical/engineering field with six (6) years of experience.
- Other educational backgrounds of a technical nature with experience as described may be considered.
Experience: Total of ten (10) years of experience as a system or network administrator, software engineer, information systems analyst, information security analyst, IT auditor, database administrator, or similarly technical occupation.
Experience with and substantial knowledge of:
- information technology, networking, and telecommunications
- network security, survivability, and resiliency concepts and issues
- systems and/or software engineering
- project planning and management
- strategic planning
- basic statistical methods and/or anomaly detection
- fundamental financial management and accounting
- USG and DoD cybersecurity tools, techniques, methods, and operations
- USG and DoD cybersecurity policies and directives
Skills/Abilities: Must have the following abilities and skills:
- mastery of information technology concepts, cyber security best practices and standards, information security evaluation methods, computer security incident management lifecycle and methodologies; risk management; and security policy development
- excellent analytical, organizational, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- outstanding written and oral communication skills
- demonstrated ability and experience in employee performance management
- outstanding financial and resource management skills
- demonstrated ability to prepare papers and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences
- ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies internally and externally, including senior executives and managers in government and industry, especially USG COTR personnel or similar roles
- ability to recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information, and where appropriate, ability to obtain and hold a security clearance
- active involvement in professional societies
To apply for this job please visit cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.