Linda Kostic, Past President of ISACA GWDC, is a doctoral learner at Capella University in the School of Business and Technology is seeking information security subject matter experts to participate in a research study that will result in an information security awareness technique model. ISACA-GWDC members are encouraged to forward this recruitment email to others that may be interested in participating in this research study.
The purpose of this research study is to aggregate information security awareness techniques obtained from the research participants that will reduce data breaches caused by social engineering attacks into an information security awareness model. You will be asked to provide the researcher with proven information security awareness techniques that have reduced financial losses and reputational impact risks arising from social engineering attacks. The results of the research study will be made available to participants upon request.
Participants will be asked to fully complete a SurveyMonkey open-ended questionnaire that may result in up to three participation rounds. It is anticipated that the first round of questions will take approximately thirty (30) minutes to complete, depending on the extent of information security awareness techniques employed within your organization. If necessary, it is anticipated that the time commitment for each additional survey will be about twenty (20) minutes each, depending on the number of questions.
Participants must meet the following credential and professional background criteria in order to participate in this research:
- Considered an information security expert from firms that have personally identifiable or non-public information that requires strong security controls;
- Currently or recently (last five years) developed and/or executed information security awareness techniques, such as practice phishing emails and periodic information security awareness training curriculum;
- Possess one or more security certifications, such as the Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) Certified Information System Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), and Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) credentials; and,
- Have five or more years of information security experience.
If you are interested in participating in this research study, please send the following information to Linda Kostic at email@example.com:
- Participant Name
- Participant Email Address
- Does your Firm or Agency Secures Personally Identifiable Information, Non-Public Information, or Other Sensitive Data (Yes/No)?
- Number of Associates (include contractors and consultants) at Place of Employment
- Years of Information Security Experience
- Years of Information Security Awareness Experience
Jason joined ISACA in 2006 and presently serves as GWDC President. He’s served on the Chapter Board of Directors since 2014. Jason is very involved with ISACA International and some of his volunteering consists of serving on the Chapter Services Working Group, Leadership Development Advisory Council, and contributing significantly to CISA and CISM exam preparation content. Jason is a Senior Manager within IBM’s Cybersecurity and Biometrics Practice. He holds the CISSP-ISSAP, CISA, CISM, and PMP.