Presentations from the Chapter’s monthly conferences are generally posted in this library if permission is granted by the presenter. Presentations are usually posted within two weeks of the conference and maintained on the site for at least one year. Presentations are viewable in Adobe Reader 9 or higher.
Presentations from Special Seminars and Review Courses are not posted since these events typically contain proprietary training material.
Opinions expressed in the presentation slides presented at ISACA GWDC conferences represent the views of the presenters. They may differ from policies and official statements of ISACA GWDC, and from opinions endorsed by authors’ employers. ISACA GWDC does not attest to the originality of presenters’ content.
How to keep up with Changes in IT and Cybersecurity
- Session #1: Vendor Risk Management – Mark Lippman, Managing Director at Protiviti
- Session #3: User Centered Design in Business Applications – Approach and Frameworks – Viral Sodha, Director of Consulting Services at Creative Systems & Consulting
- Session #4: Cybersecurity & Legal Malpractice: Thinking About the Consequences of Law Firm Cybersecurity Failures – Ethan S Burger, Consulting Counsel at the Law Offices of Ethan S. Burger and Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University Law Center
Audit and IT Security
- Session #3: How to Ace a FISMA Audit – Tyler Harding, Principal at Kearney & Company, P.C.
- Session #4: NIST’s Approach to Information Security Assessments – Kelley Dempsey, Senior Information Security Specialist, Information Technology Laboratory/Computer Security Division National Institute of Standards and Technology & Ned Goren, Information Security Specialist, Information Technology Laboratory/Computer Security Division National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Session #5: Leveraging Your Auditors to Increase Cybersecurity – Chuck McGann, Independent Cybersecurity Consultant
- Session #6: Cybersecurity – Securing Your 2017 Audit Plan – Sarah Rice, Associate Director at CrossCountry Consulting, Michael Mone, Senior Consultant at CrossCountry Consulting
- Session #7: FISMA Audits: Moving Toward Effectiveness-Based Reviews – Peter Sheridan, Assistant Inspector General for Information Technology, Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) & Khalid Hasan, Senior OIG Manager for Information Technology Audits, Office of Inspector General for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
DoD and Federal IT
- Session #1: FedRAMP 3PAO Practitioner Update – Noel Nazario, Grant Thornton LLP Public Sector Advisory Services
- Session #2: Identity as an Enabler for Cybersecurity and GRC – Joel Rader, Radiant Logic
- Session #3: Blockchaining Government – Blake Carpenter, Grant Thornton Public Sector
- Session #4: Acquisition and Authorization: A Perspective on Requirements – Roger Greenwell, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Session #5: NIST Special Publication 800-171 – Charles L. McGann, Jr., Independent Cybersecurity Consultant
- Audit without IT would just be Aud – an update on Federal audits and lessons learned – Angel Contreras, Ernst & Young Advisory Services Practices & Scott Melchior, Ernst & Young Advisory Services Practices