Website World Bank Group
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
Now is an exciting time to join our team! Join the World Bank Group’s Internal Audit team (GIA), and you will have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future by supporting the WBG mission for greater good. We are looking for people who can think innovatively, are enthusiastic, and who enjoy working in teams. Prior audit experience is not required.
The Group Internal Audit (GIA) helps to protect and enhance World Bank Group processes by providing independent, objective and insightful risk-based assurance and advisory services. We encourage you to visit our website.
The Professional Practices & Innovation (PPI) Team is the engine that helps drive achievement of GIA’s mandate. Our PPI staff are passionate about defining and executing GIA operational initiatives that: drive technology solutions fit for high-performing internal audit functions, implement data analytics (e.g., NLP, ML, RPA) and data visualization at scale; maintain an information technology systems environment consistent with WBG standards, explore emerging technology or continuous process improvements that enhance GIA operations, and advise GIA leadership on the information technology and digital transformation (cost/benefit investment decisions and use cases) to achieve GIA’s Strategy.
Some specific responsibilities for this role will include:
- Enhance our continuous auditing application, e.g., distill large amounts of structured and unstructured data from varied sources to deliver the information that GIA’s relies on for impactful data sight and foresight – supporting audit engagement data analytics and risk intelligence collection to inform GIA’s work program – with impactful data visualizations that communicate;
- Effectively coordinate the communication of data requirements to stakeholders in and outside of GIA for a Cloud first-environment, with robust data pipelines, and fit-for-purpose AI models;
- Create data visualizations and analytical reports that promote understanding of key insights for a diverse range of audiences;
- Liaise with other WBG departments (or external experts) to identify improvement in GIAS’s digital capabilities e.g., MLOps and data management, digital and AI strategy, continuous process improvement, robotic process automation, and integration of emerging technologies into a full-digital stack; and
- Work with GIA users and WBG business and technical teams to evaluate and select technical solutions fit for purpose, participate in the development of prototypes or proofs of concept, and support discussions with users to implement fit-for-purpose solutions from development through QA and into production.
- Prior audit experience is not required.
- Five years of professional experience and master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in data science, computer science, mathematics, economics, or related field of study with a strong quantitative and computational background.
- Experience with database systems and data-warehousing, paired with demonstrated knowledge of leading data science practices, e.g., data acquisition, exploration and pipeline management, cleaning and feature engineering, modeling, and communicating results.
- Proven experience using algorithms (NLP and ML are key, deep learning is a bonus), and data analysis and visualization tools such as Python and Power BI, Azure Cognitive Services and Power Automate platform.
- Analytical skills, ability to think strategically; rapidly analyze, interpret and integrate data or new technology into actionable outcomes that communicates clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple project, to anticipate and adjust to roadblocks, and deliver high quality work with limited supervision.
- English proficiency, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the capacity to present data visualizations that translate complex information into actionable intelligence.
- Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset, embracing agility and being open to change. Self-starter that takes the initiative, as well as a team player with a proven ability to work effectively with colleagues from a range of technical and non-technical roles to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Nice to have:
- Familiarity with WBG operations and risk management, or similarly complex mission-driven global organizations would be an asset.
- Experience with microservices, DevOps, MLOps, UX, Design Thinking, and digital transformation.
- Certification in Azure data science, data engineering, or similar industry recognized credentials. GIA is Azure focused for the near term, open to translatable skills from AWS or GCP.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org