Website World Bank Group
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
Are you Ready for a Career with Impact? Match your passion with our mission: ASSURANCE, INSIGHT, ADVICE.
Now is an exciting time to join our team! Join the World Bank Group’s Internal Audit team (GIA), and you will have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future by supporting the WBG mission for greater good. We are looking for people who can think innovatively, are enthusiastic, and who enjoy working in teams. Prior audit experience is not required.
The Group Internal Audit (GIA) helps to protect and enhance World Bank Group processes by providing independent, objective and insightful risk-based assurance and advisory services. We encourage you to visit our website.
This Audit Analyst role, within the Development Operations team, will contribute to (i) the planning, execution, reporting and delivery of assurance and advisory engagements, (ii) risk assessment and work program development, and (iii) key strategic initiatives within GIA. Audit Analysts typically work in teams supporting the ‘Auditor in Charge’ on engagements. This involves:
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing across multiple concurrent engagements
- Conducting and documenting process walkthroughs
- Identifying and documenting risks and key internal controls (automated and manual)
- Developing, executing, and documenting audit plans and procedures
- Coordinating and conducting client interviews
- Summarizing and communicating results
- Developing and performing data analytics
- Supporting dynamic risk assessment and work program development
- Supporting the team/supervisors in validating management’s action
- Leading and participating in initiatives as assigned by the supervisor/manager/director
- Prior audit experience is not required.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant professional credentials (e.g., Certified Forensic Accountant; Certified Internal Auditor; Certified Information Systems Auditor; Certified Public Accountant, etc.) or related professional experience in Development Operations (e.g., Lending Operations, Trust Funds/Financial Intermediary Funds, Fiduciary, Integrity, Fraud and Corruption risk management etc.).
- 5+ years of relevant Development Operations experience in international organizations or similar environment.
- Understanding of risk and controls in Development Operations (e.g., Lending Operations, Trust Funds/Financial Intermediary Funds, Fiduciary, Integrity, Fraud and Corruption risk management etc.). Accreditation or technical depth in standard methodologies or frameworks in one or more of these areas considered a plus.
- Institutional knowledge, experience of working at the WBG or similar multilateral institutions a plus.
- Ability to build strong relationships, maximize partnering and stakeholder management, and work collaboratively with internal clients and teams.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communications skills. Oral and written communications (in English); emphasis on precision, clarity, and diplomacy.
- Constant focus on innovation, digital transformation, current on evolving standards, participation in industry groups, also outside the field of audit.
- Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset, embracing agility and being open to change. Proactive and innovative, with an open and collegial work style with an ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships, and collaborate with others.
- Ability to analyze data using leading technology (PowerBI, Tableau etc.). Mastery of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.).
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org