Website Williams Adley
For more than 30 years, Williams Adley has provided expert accounting, auditing and consulting services to a growing number of federal and state and local government agencies. Our dedication to operating with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and transparency means we frequently go beyond the typical “vendor/client” relationship, becoming trusted advisors to our clients.
General Position Description:
The Associate is responsible for performing information systems security and assurance audits of networks, systems, applications, platforms, databases, and operating procedures in accordance with established Federal auditing standards, thus determining the effectiveness of the information systems and security controls to properly secure and safeguard government Information Technology infrastructure and information assets. The Associate also participates in audits of financial systems to attest on the effectiveness and adequacy of the system’s data processing and security controls. This will enable the Associate to collect, process, maintain, and report accurate, reliable, and complete financial information.
The Associate shall also participate in vulnerability and risk assessment reviews and evaluations of the client’s IT infrastructure to determine adequacy of the controls to detect and prevent unauthorized activities and provide an acceptable level of risk to the organization and establishes controls to mitigate loss. The Associate is expected to be familiar or willing to be trained on information pertaining to Federal laws, the U.S. Office of Management and Budget, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) information technology concepts, practices, standards, and procedures; industry best practices; and audit frameworks such as COSO and COBIT.
The following are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to lead in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Associate in performing test procedures
- Examines accounting documents to verify accuracy and compliance with policies, procedures, and acceptable accounting standards
- Prepares work papers and supporting documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree –business, accounting, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline with a
- G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Masters of Accountancy preferred
- Minimum 0 to 2 years’ experience including coursework, practicum, or internship experience
- Internship experience working as an IT Auditor or Consultant for a public accounting firm, or a professional services firm preferred
- Beginner’s level understanding in the areas of information systems audit, internal control reviews, general and application control reviews
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to perform work which requires attention to detail, analytical ability, and organization
- Skilled at using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally when needed
- US Government Clearance eligible and U.S. Citizenship
- Able to furnish a writing sample and transcripts upon request
Office setting that requires extensive computer usage, sitting and professional communication.
Benefits and Perks:
Travel Globally. Associates participate on projects that can take them all over the world.
Workplace Flexibility. Williams Adley knows that work doesn’t have to be completed in the office to be done well, so we honor an anytime, anywhere work schedule.
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development. Dreaming of your CPA or Masters? Williams Adley offers tuition reimbursement for anyone who is pursing advanced education or certifications.
Community Involvement. We give back our time, talent, and treasures by assisting in programs across the DC area to organizations our employees care about.
- FLSA Class: Exempt
- Status: Full Time – Regular
- Work Week: Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day, some evening and weekend hours may be required in order to fulfill client expectations and deliverables.
- Reports To: Senior Associate/Supervisor
- Authorization: US Citizenship Required
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Consideration: Only candidates that meet the minimum position requirements will be considered and/or contacted to complete next steps.
Williams Adley & Co. – DC, LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit williamsadley.applytojob.com.