Website Williams Adley
For more than 30 years, Williams Adley has provided expert accounting, auditing and consulting services to a growing number of federal and state and local government agencies. Our dedication to operating with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and transparency means we frequently go beyond the typical “vendor/client” relationship, becoming trusted advisors to our clients.
General Position Description:
The Manager is responsible for performing information systems security and assurance audits of networks, systems, applications, platforms, databases, and operating procedures in accordance with established Federal auditing standards, thus determining the effectiveness of the information systems and security controls to properly secure and safeguard government Information Technology infrastructure and information assets. The Manager also participates in audits of financial systems to attest on the effectiveness and adequacy of the system’s data processing and security controls. This will enable the Manager to collect, process, maintain, and report accurate, reliable, and complete financial information.
The Manager shall also participate in vulnerability and risk assessment reviews and evaluations of the client’s IT infrastructure to determine adequacy of the controls to detect and prevent unauthorized activities and provide an acceptable level of risk to the organization and establishes controls to mitigate loss. The Manager is expected to be familiar with Federal laws, the U.S. Office of Management and Budget, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) information technology concepts, practices, standards, and procedures; industry best practices; and audit frameworks such as COSO and COBIT. The Manager will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The following are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to lead in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day accomplishment of the audit engagement using tailored IT Audit programs
- Sets priorities, ensures daily coordination among the project team, and monitors progress against schedules, budgets, project/task deliverables and status reporting
- Confers with client management staff regarding specific program/technical activities, issues or conflicts
- Provide guidance, training and share knowledge with team members
- Monitor the progress of the engagement and help resolve technical and reporting problems, as needed
- Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement
- Brief the engagement team on the client’s environment and industry trends
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
- Use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Assist in the creation of proposals and other new business development efforts
- Review work products for completeness, adherence to client requirements, and compliance
Required Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree –business, accounting, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline.
- CPA, CISA, CISSP, or CIA certification required
- Minimum of 5 years with a certification and prior experience working as an IT Auditor or Consultant for a public accounting firm, or a professional services firm OR Minimum of 8 years without a certification and prior experience working as an IT Auditor or Consultant
- Relevant industry experience in the areas of information systems audit, internal control reviews, general and application control reviews
- Experienced in managing multiple projects and teams with strong client management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry governing principles, practices and procedures including GAS/GAO Yellow Book, GAO FISCAM, FISMA, and SSAE16
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines
- Able to perform work which requires attention to detail, analytical ability, and organization
- Skilled at using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and automated work paper software
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally when needed
- US Government Clearance eligible and U.S. Citizenship
Office setting that requires extensive computer usage, sitting and professional communication.
Benefits and Perks
Travel Globally. Associates participate on projects that can take them all over the world.
Workplace Flexibility. Williams Adley knows that work doesn’t have to be completed in the office to be done well, so we honor an anytime, anywhere work schedule.
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development. Dreaming of your CPA or Masters? Williams Adley offers tuition reimbursement for anyone who is pursing advanced education or certifications.
Community Involvement. We give back our time, talent, and treasures by assisting in programs across the DC area to organizations our employees care about.
- FLSA Class: Exempt
- Status: Full Time – Regular
- Work Week: Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day, some evening and weekend hours may be required in order to fulfill client expectations and deliverables.
- Reports To: Senior Manager/Principal/Partner
- Authorization: US Citizenship Required
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Consideration: Only candidates that meet the minimum position requirements will be considered and/or contacted to complete next steps.
Williams Adley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com