Website PenFed Credit Union
Senior Internal Auditor I
PenFed is hiring a Senior Internal Auditor I at our headquarters in McLean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to lead internal audits, working in a team environment, that cover PenFed’s operational lines of business, including such functions as mortgage banking, credit card services, asset and account management, investment operations, affiliated business activities and financial and risk management. This position will be in charge of audit assignments and work either individually or with an audit team and under the supervision of audit managers as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan audits and prepare and execute audit programs designed to achieve engagement objectives involving PenFed’s operational lines of business and contribute to their improved governance, risk management and control processes.
- Either individually or as a team leader, review systems, processes, procedures, reports, transactions, and other information to assess reliability, accuracy, and completeness and conduct assurance testing to assess whether governance, risk management and control processes are operating as intended and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct interviews of responsible officials and staff as needed to gain an overall understanding of systems, processes, procedures, reports and transactions and examine specific issues or areas.
- Identify, obtain, analyze and evaluate relevant information to support audit conclusions and results.
- Prepare audit work papers to document relevant information obtained, analyzed and evaluated that support audit observations and conclusions.
- Draft high quality audit reports which include a background discussion of the operations and activities audited, objective, scope, conclusion, observations and related recommendations for audits completed.
- Facilitate and coordinate the resolution of observations and recommendations with responsible officers who oversee the operations and activities audited.
- Review work papers prepared by internal auditors assigned to assist with audits and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Provide input to the manager or director concerning the performance of auditors mentored.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ of experience in auditing is required.
This position will mentor employees.
Licenses and Certifications
CPA or CIA certification is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710
To apply for this job please visit chc.tbe.taleo.net.