Website Cotton & Company, LLP
Cotton & Company has an immediate need for a Senior IT Auditor with 2 ½ or more years of relevant experience to perform testing of information systems for financial statement audits. We are looking for highly motivated and detail-oriented professionals to join our assurance practice.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Information Systems or other related fields.
- Candidate for Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other relevant certification.
- Minimum of 2 ½ years of information assurance auditing, computer programming, or other relevant experience.
- The ability to obtain a U.S. federal security clearance, secret or above.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups such as clients, peers, and management.
- Strong understanding of large-scale information technology systems, business processes, security regulatory risk management, and security vulnerabilities.
- Detailed understanding of information security risk management concepts.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Review documents, records, reports, and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Prepare acceptable workpapers, write-ups, and memos.
- Interview individuals associated with the audit.
- Use established procedures to test IT controls and assess the design and operating effectiveness of general and application controls.
- Apply a risk-based control framework to identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
- Review the work of staff and provide timely feedback.
- Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with supervisor, manager, or partner.
- Report audit findings to supervisor, manager, or partner and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions.
- Maintain excellent client relations for the firm.
- Meet expectations for attendance, punctuality, and company/client deadlines and abide by all company policies.
Your Work Hours: Full-time. Core hours are 9am-4pm.
Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate: Per Executive Order 14042, as a federal covered contractor, this position requires the individual to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (fully vaccinated means completion of the requisite number of doses of a vaccine approved or authorized for use or emergency use by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration and at least two weeks have passed since you received the final dose). Vaccination documentation will be required on your first day. Requests for accommodation/exemption from these requirements due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice will be reviewed by our HR Department.
Your Work Place/Travel: A majority of the work will be performed locally in Alexandria, VA, but there is outside travel to client sites. Some additional travel may be required. You must be able to transport a laptop and working documents to these sites.
The Washington Post Names Cotton & Company LLP a Winner of the 2021 Top Workplaces Award!
Our CPA firm provides specialized services for governmental agencies and programs, as well as commercial clients. We support government accountability and assist our clients in ensuring that taxpayer money and data is handled properly.
At Cotton & Company we’re here for the people. Work with us to serve the American people, contribute to meaningful work, and go home fulfilled.
If you want to join a team of professionals who take pride in their work, foster team environments, and end the day feeling accomplished, make that next move in your career. We focus on quality of work and quality of life – all while making a difference – giving back to our community and industry. We offer competitive compensation packages, benefits, and a fun work environment.
Make our firm your professional home and experience the many reasons why we come into work energized and satisfied.
We care about our employees and have created our benefits to support their wellness, happiness, and ability to plan for their futures. Our competitive compensation and benefits feature incentives such as professional certification, tuition reimbursement, and an individualized advisor program.
You’ll find that we’re small enough to notice the performance of our employees and large enough to reward it. If you share our outlook and philosophies, we invite you to inquire about joining our team.
Cotton & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-836-6701 or email email@example.com. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.
To apply for this job please visit cottoncpa.bamboohr.com.