Website Cotton & Company LLP
Serving the Public Interest
Make that next move in your career. Cotton & Company is looking for you to join our team of professionals. We are all about making your work life fun, while making a difference – giving back to our community and industry. We offer competitive compensation packages, benefits, and a fun work environment. Make your next career move to Cotton & Company – voted by our employees as one of Washington Post’s Top Workplaces for 3 years in a row!
Vitals: Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related technical field.
Full Time: We’ll keep you busy for the 5 days in between the weekends. Core hours are 9am-4 pm.
Mover and Shaker: You will have the opportunity to work at both company headquarters and at various client sites, travel about 25% of the time (usually within the U.S.), and must be able to transport a laptop and working documents.
Your team: You will work directly with your supervisor, manager, and partner on assigned projects. They will work with you in enriching your professional capability, industry knowledge, and interpersonal flair.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Believe in quality work
- Are able to delegate, motivate, and provide feedback to staff
- Are able to provide clear, concise instructions to staff in oral and written format
- Are able to speak effectively before groups including clients, peers and management
- Are able to write reports, emails, and other business correspondence in a clear and concise manner
- Are able to carry out instructions furnished written or orally
- Are detail-oriented, well organized and able to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Are able to multi-task across multiple projects
- Have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interview individuals associated with the audit
- Are proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Are a self-starter and independent but also a great team player who enjoys contributing to a company that emphasizes integrity and quality
- Review documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness
- Conduct testing and interviews and prepare acceptable workpapers, write-ups, and memos
- Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with supervisor, manager, or partner
- Report audit findings to supervisor, manager, or partner and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions
- Ensure work is well organized, with close attention to details
- Maintain excellent client relations for the firm
- Meet expectations for attendance, punctuality, and company/client deadlines and abide by all company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3.2 Overall GPA or higher preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent annually
- Ability to obtain a U.S. federal security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
At Cotton & Company, we believe that work should be both fun and intellectually challenging, while allowing for a healthy work/life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefits feature incentives such as professional certification, tuition reimbursement, and an individualized mentorship program.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@cottoncpa.com