Website Arlington County Government
Arlington County’s Department of Technology Services is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join the Information Security Team of the Security, Privacy and Regulatory Affairs Division. This position is responsible for providing advanced technical support to the team’s operational requirements and for contributing to the development and implementation of IT security policy updates and recommendations.
Specific duties include:
* Designing and planning for endpoint security with existing County infrastructure including installing security software and hardware and maintaining system configuration;
* Providing day-to-day technical support for a wide array of endpoint security applications and systems;
* Managing and operating systems that monitor and protect the County’s technology assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, disruption or destruction;
* Conducting digital computer forensics to investigate intrusions, quarantine equipment and work with recovery for digital devices;
* Serving as a Tier 3 level of technical support for resolution of escalated issues related to endpoints and cyber security;
* Assisting the Chief Information Security Officer with the development of best practices, strategies guidelines, enforcement measures, procedures, and policies related to the County’s Information Security Program;
* Mentoring and training staff; and
* Serving as a liaison to other DTS divisions and remaining current on existing and emerging information technologies.
Arlington is the first county of its size to be named the No. 1 digital county in the nation for three consecutive years by the Center for Digital Government and National Association of Counties. The dynamic and experienced team of the Department of Technology Services earned this recognition for its best practices in open government, transparency, public engagement, innovation, cyber security and more.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.