As we are approaching the end of the ISACA year, many of you are still looking to complete your Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
How Many CPEs Do You Need?
If you are unsure how many CPEs you need, log in at www.ISACA.org. Your Track MyStatus page will appear with the CPE hours remaining for the current year and CPE hours remaining for the three-year cycle. You are required to complete 20 CPEs each year with a total of 120 CPEs for each three-year cycle.
What CPEs Are Available in 2017?
CPEs need to be completed by December 31. Here are opportunities to earn CPEs through ISACA Greater Washington, D. C. (GWDC):
- For a nominal fee, GWDC has a one-day monthly conference on Thursday, December 7 on Cloud Security. Please look for details on our website, ISACA-GWDC.org.
- Participate in our BrightTALK™ webinar, “Stopping the Hack,” on November 16th at 4:00 ET. If you can’t join us for that session, subscribe to our BrightTALK™ channel and have a look at the archived webinars. Any CPEs earned through BrightTALK™, you must manually record and self-report.*
- Serve as an ISACA volunteer in Communications, Marketing, Membership, Outreach and other areas. There is a lot of work we would like to do this year, and we need your help. There are also opportunities to volunteer at our December Conference and help with set-up, registrations, or photography, for example. If you are interested in this work, please look at the Volunteer page on the ISACA GWDC website.
- Other cybersecurity, IT audit or similar opportunities where you could earn CPEs include:
- Write and publish an article.
- Perform public speaking or presentations.
- Do a book review.
- Mentor, coach or assist an individual.
Here are opportunities to earn CPEs through ISACA International:
- Participate in webinars and virtual conferences – earn one CPE for each hour of a webinar or virtual conference (up to 36 hours); there are current events and several years of archived events
- Complete journal quizzes – earn one CPE for each of six journal quizzes per year
How to Report Your CPEs
You should always make sure you are compliant with the ISACA requirements to maintain your certification. The details for each of the certifications can be found here. ISACA provides instructions on how to report CPEs.
- Log in at www.ISACA.org
- Click on My ISACA
- Click on myCERTIFICATIONS
- Click on Manage My CPE
- Scroll down, then click on Add CPE button
- Enter CPE activity information and click Save.
* For the self-reported CPEs, you should maintain a CPE certificate or the documentation of the name of the sponsoring organization, activity title, activity description, activity date, and the number of CPE hours awarded or claimed.
Please look at the FAQs to see if your question is answered. If you still need assistance, please e-mail the Chapter, providing your ISACA Membership number. If you don’t have your member number readily available, e-mail us with your full name and a telephone contact number.
Katherine Scott, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT
Director of Membership
Jason joined ISACA in 2006 and presently serves as GWDC President. He’s served on the Chapter Board of Directors since 2014. Jason is very involved with ISACA International and some of his volunteering consists of serving on the Chapter Services Working Group, Leadership Development Advisory Council, and contributing significantly to CISA and CISM exam preparation content. Jason is a Senior Manager within IBM’s Cybersecurity and Biometrics Practice. He holds the CISSP-ISSAP, CISA, CISM, and PMP.