For more information on our events policy, see https://isaca-gwdc.org/event-policies/
- This event has passed.
Seminar on Secure Behaviors in a Connected World (Multi-Day Event)
January 28, 2019 @ 8:00 am - January 29, 2019 @ 4:30 pm ESTGWDC Members: $650, Other ISACA Members: $700, Non-Members: $780
Technology offers the promise of a better future. More than most, ISACA’s members understand how much of the world depends on technology and the data that drives it.
Despite billions of dollars spent for security and tools, we continue to see large scale breaches in government and commercial IT systems, which result in losses that include: money, reputation, trust, national security, intellectual property, integrity of functions, and the veracity of data.
Organizations throw technology at the problem. Employees are offered “awareness training,” which explains the dangers, what to look for, and addresses some behaviors--against the more obvious threats. Breaches continue on a broad scale, so what is missing?
Threats have become increasingly sophisticated and organizations make a fundamental mistake in understanding the employee part of the problem. The people risk component doesn’t start when people walk in the door at work. It starts in their personal life and spills over into the workplace, which most “awareness training” does not address.
This seminar will focus on employees, their behaviors, and improving their understanding of the information domain, how their behaviors put them at risk, and how they are targeted.
The seminar is divided into four blocks:
- Understanding Privacy: This block will review the legal basis for privacy in the United States, what identity attributes are, data collection and aggregation, data compromises and their impact, why critical thinking is important, and privacy takeaways.
- Dark Web: This block explains the concept of the Deep and Dark Web, tools of the trade (apps, networks, browsers, and anonymizers), and entity resolution.
- Individual Data Rights & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): This block explains what Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is, its core components and application, penalties, individual data rights, and GDPR takeaways.
- Personal Security & Identity Awareness Tradecraft: This block explains how people are targeted, identity awareness, behavior focused personal security concepts, determining vulnerability, and personal security tradecraft.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This seminar is for:
- ISACA members who are IT or financial auditors, and those who work in cybersecurity. You provide the safeguards, critical oversight, influence policy, empower meaningful change in organizations, and protect the systems so the functions and data serve their purpose.
- Leaders, managers, and professionals in cyber, IT, banking, infrastructure, security, intelligence, and defense. You are in positions of trust in organizations where personal reliability, your background, and reputation are critical.
If you fall into either group, you are a potential target and encouraged to attend this seminar.
MEET THE INSTRUCTOR
Spartan Security Consulting, LLC
Mr. White has over 30 years experience working for and supporting the U.S. government in a broad range of roles and missions within the Intelligence and Defense Communities for over 30 years. His experience includes directing and managing imagery and signals collection operations and intelligence analysis units, and identity intelligence, biometrics, behavioral analysis, and biographical data. He has been a guest speaker at the CIA’s Sherman Kent School for Intelligence Analysis, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency College, Department of Defense’s Joint Special Operations University, and National Signatures Symposium. Mr. White is the CEO, Spartan Security Consulting, LLC, which specializes in identity intelligence, management and services.
ISACA Members from Other Chapters: You will need to bring your ISACA Membership Card to the event to verify your ISACA Membership.
Classroom Room: The classroom location will be provided as the date of the event approaches.
Requests for Assistance:If you require assistance for an audio, visual, or other disability, please contact the Programs Director, Marvin Muhumuza, to discuss your needs, as soon as possible. We need as much advance notice as possible to determine whether requests can be accommodated. Thank You.
Earn up to 14 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits in the area of Specialized Knowledge. The ISACA® GWDC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.
CPE Distribution and Evaluation Survey
CPEs will be distributed along with the event evaluation survey within seven (7) business days after the completion of the event. Attendees must be present the full two days to receive full CPE credit.
- Prerequisites and Advance Preparation: None
- Program Knowledge Level: None
- Delivery Method: In Person
GWDC Members: $650
Other ISACA Members: $700
Register by January 24th!
We encourage early registration, as some events sell out.
To register, click the green "Click to Register" button in the "Details" section below.
If you are unable to attend an event, you can cancel your registration. All cancellations must be received by January 24th. A $15 cancellation fee is charged.
To cancel, log into the My Registration page linked in your confirmation e-mail and click the UNREGISTER link.
Alok joined ISACA in 2006 and presently serves as ISACA GWDC President. He’s served on the Chapter Board of Directors since 2008. Alok is CEO/President at Annuk Incorporated delivering Cybersecurity, Corporate Compliance, Technology Risk Management, and Information technology solutions and services. Alok holds the CISA and CRISC certifications.