- This event has passed.
Cyber Authors Ep.1: Inside the Cyberwar to Hijack Elections & Distort the Truth
October 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDTFREE
Theresa Payton, leading cybersecurity expert and first female Whitehouse CIO, discusses her book "Manipulated: Inside the Cyberwar to Hijack Elections and Distort the Truth."
Theresa Payton tells battlefront stories from the global war being conducted through clicks, swipes, internet access, technical backdoors and massive espionage schemes. She investigates the cyberwarriors who are planning tomorrow’s attacks, weaving a fascinating yet bone-chilling tale of Artificial Intelligent mutations carrying out attacks without human intervention, “deepfake” videos that look real to the naked eye, and chatbots that beget other chatbots.
In this session, Theresa is joined by Sushila Nair where they will take a look inside the Cyberwar to hijack elections & distort the truth.
Join this webinar and learn:
- About our new era of hacked elections and non-stop disinformation campaigns
- From battlefront stories the effect of cyber conflict and its risks
- Who are the cyberwarriors who are planning tomorrow’s attacks
- The attacks of tomorrow including Artificial Intelligent mutations, “deepfake” videos that look real to the naked eye, and chatbots that beget other chatbots
- To build a plan so that individual citizens, big tech corporations, governments and the international community can push back
Sushila Nair has twenty year’s experience in computing infrastructure, business and security and has worked in a number of diverse areas — telecommunications, risk analysis, credit card fraud, and has served as a legal expert witness. She has presented at numerous international conferences including CACS, Segurinfo and RSA. She currently serves as the marketing director at the ISACA Greater Washington, D.C. chapter
Sushila is a qualified lead auditor in BS 17799, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC.