How to Implement, Manage and Audit IT Governance Special Seminar
September 2 @ 8:00 am - September 3 @ 4:30 pm EDT$499 - GWDC Member | $599 Non-GWDC Member
This seminar is intended to provide attendee the base level knowledge required to perform implement and audit IT Governance. The seminar instructor, Mitch Levine, has an established track record of taking complex industry requirements and structuring a presentation that breaks them into easily understand approaches based on his “real life” audit and systems deployment experiences. This seminar fosters plenty of discussion on the alternative approaches for establishing and auditing IT Governance components.
- Introduction to Governance, Risk and Compliance including; Corporate Governance, IT Governance, Understanding the Business Strategic Plan, Alternative approaches for the set-up of the IT compliance functions, and Understanding the IT Strategic Plan and how it needs to be aligned with the Business Strategic Plan
- Introduction to the key areas of IT Governance
- Understanding how IT Governance audits have evolved
- Recommended audit scope for the key areas of IT Governance audits
- Evaluating the adequacy of the IT Governance organizational structure
- Alternative approaches for building IT Governance within an organization and how leading frameworks can be utilized
- Understanding key areas of IT Governance, the artifacts that need to be established and how to perform an effective audit of these areas including; Value Delivery, Strategic Alignment, Resource Management, Risk Management, and Performance Management
- Assessment of other IT components which are managed under IT Governance including; Monitoring IT Controls, Implementation of the Data Classification standard, Data Retention and Records Management, IT Policies, standards and procedures, Entity Level Control Assessments, IT Compliance with laws, regulations and contracts, Incident Management, and IT Cost Management
- Agile components which need to be integrated into the IT Governance delivery model
- Understanding Federal guidance to Agencies relating to IT Governance
- Management reporting relating to IT Governance
- Audit Report approaches for IT Governance Audits
- Case Studies
Three case studies will be presented during this seminar which will provide the attendee the understanding of how to implement and assess the IT Governance structure.
When: September 2 - 3, 2020, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Two days (7 hour presentation time per day plus 1 hour lunch and four 10 minute breaks per day)
Where: Zoom Virtual Conference
How Much? $499 GWDC Members | $599 Non-GWDC Members
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for IT, GRC, IT Audit, Integrated and Operation Auditors personnel at all levels.
Continuing Professional Education Credits
All attendees are eligible to receive 14 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) credits by attending. These credits are recognized by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). The CPE field of study is Accounting and Auditing. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required. Audit Serve is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding sponsors may be addressed to National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417.
How to Implement, Manage, and Audit IT Governance is taught by Audit Serve.
Kenneth joined ISACA in 2013 and presently serves as the GWDC Communications Director. Kenneth is a Principal Architect for Unisys Federal. He holds the CISM, CISA, PMP, CIPP/G, and AWS CCP.