For more information on our events policy, see https://isaca-gwdc.org/event-policies/
Certificate of Cloud Auditing Knowledge (CCAK™) Review Course
October 22 @ 8:30 am - November 5 @ 5:00 pm EDTGWDC Member $400, Non-GWDC Member $800
The GWDC is sponsoring an intensive 3-day virtual review course for the Certificate of Cloud Auditing Knowledge (CCAK™). The dates of this course are three consecutive Saturdays: October 22, 29, and November 5, 2022 from 8:30 am to 5:00 PM.
The CCAK course is designed to cover the following five core areas of focus: Cloud governance, Cloud compliance, Cloud auditing, Cloud assurance, and CSA tools. The course will provide knowledge on cloud security assessment methods and techniques, and will assist students in updating their expertise in cloud and hybrid security auditing. CCAK is a joint project by Cloud Security Alliance® and ISACA®. The CCAK is the first credential available for industry professionals to demonstrate their expertise in the essential principles of auditing cloud computing systems. The CCAK credential and training program fills the gap in the market for technical education for cloud IT auditing.
This event is intended for anyone sitting for the CCAK Exam. Students are expected to have prepared for the exam prior to attending the course.
Students who take this GWDC review class and do not pass the corresponding Exam are eligible for a one-time 50% discount on the next review class offered by the GWDC for the exam. Please read the chapter event policy for discount details.
Registration closes on October 21, 2022 @ 5pm.
MODULE 1 – Cloud Governance
- Overview of governance
- Cloud assurance
- Cloud governance frameworks
- Cloud risk management
- Cloud governance tools
MODULE 2 – Cloud Compliance Program
- Designing a cloud compliance program
- Building a cloud compliance program
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Standards and security frameworks
- Identifying controls and measuring effectiveness
- CSA certification, attestation and validation
MODULE 3 – CCM and CAIQ Goals, Objectives and Structure
- Relationship to standards: mappings and gap analysis
- Transition from CCM V3.0.1 to CCM V4
MODULE 4 – A Threat Analysis Methodology for Cloud Using CCM
- Definitions and purpose
- Attack details and impacts
- Mitigating controls and metrics
- Use case
MODULE 5 – Evaluating a Cloud Compliance Program
- Evaluation approach
- A governance perspective
- Legal, regulatory and standards perspectives
- Risk perspectives
- Services changes implications
- The need for continuous assurance/continuous compliance
MODULE 6 – Cloud Auditing
- Audit characteristics, criteria & principles
- Auditing standards for cloud computing
- Auditing an on-premises environment vs. cloud
- Differences in assessing cloud services and cloud delivery models
- Cloud audit building, planning and execution
MODULE 7 – CCM: Auditing Controls
- CCM audit scoping guidance
- CCM risk evaluation guide
- CCM audit workbook
- CCM an auditing example
MODULE 8 – Continuous Assurance and Compliance
- DevOps and DevSecOps
- Auditing CI/CD pipelines
- DevSecOps automation and maturity
MODULE 9 – STAR Program
- Standard for security and privacy
- Open Certification Framework
- STAR Registry
- STAR Level 1
- STAR Level 2
- STAR Level 3
About the CCAK
The CCAK exam will be offered via Computer-Based Testing (CBT).
Registration for the CCAK exam is administered by ISACA®, not the GWDC. Registering for this review course does not register you for the exam.
CCAK Exam Preparation
Vice President, Security Portfolio @ NTT DATA Services, NTT DATA, Inc.
CISSP CISM CRISC CISA
Sushila Nair is certified by ISACA International to teach the CCAK Exam Review Course and specializes in cybersecurity, risk, and audit services. Sushila Nair is the current Vice President of the Greater Washington, D.C. ISACA Chapter and has presented at CACS, BrightTALK, Seguruinfo and many other international events. Sushila has taught review courses for the GWDC and ISACA Global.
Virtual Event Information
- This event will be presented virtually.
- The instructor will email students prior to the event with instructions and additional information.
If you have any registration questions about this event, please contact the chapter using the Registration Contact Form.
If you have CPE questions after the event has concluded, please contact the chapter using the CPE Contact Form.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation and refund for advance registrations is allowed if cancellations are submitted through the registration system. Refunds vary depending on the date of cancellation. See ISACA GWDC Event Policies for details.
If ISACA GWDC cancels the event, all registrants will be notified as soon as possible through email at the email address provided during registration. Full refunds will be provided.
The GWDC welcomes your comments, complaints, suggestions, questions, and other feedback concerning our website information and services. All complaints should be submitted through the Registration Contact Form.
Earn up to 21 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit in the area of Information Technology. The ISACA® Greater Washington, D.C. Chapter is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
CPE Distribution and Evaluation Survey
CPEs will be distributed via e-mail along with the event evaluation survey after the completion of the event. Attendees must be present for the full event to receive full CPE credit.
- Demonstrate key concepts of cloud governance and the role of assurance, transparency and accountability in the cloud.
- Explain cloud risk management and the application of cloud governance tools.
- Devise the designing, building and evaluating of a cloud compliance program based on laws, regulations and regulatory standards.
- Apply control objectives, technical and process controls, security metrics and relate them to cloud control frameworks, certification, attestation and authorisations.
- Define and illustrate how to use the CSA Cloud Control Matrix and the CSA Top Threat Analysis Methodology.
- Build and execute an audit plan that addresses cloud concerns by utilising the Cloud Control Matrix.
- Discuss the impact of continuous assurance and auditing, cloud automation, native development and integration models on auditing and compliance .
- Describe the role of the CSA STAR Program.
- Prerequisites and Advance Preparation: Students are expected to have prepared for the exam prior to attending the course.
- Program Knowledge Level: Basic
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Field of Study: Information Technology – Technical